Serverless Email System
A PEER-TO-PEER Platform for Reliable, Secure Communication
In order to run ePOST, your computer must meet the following
- You must be running either Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, or a flavor of
- You need a recent (>= 1.4.2) version of the Java Runtime
Environment (JRE) installed on your computer. This is available from Sun for all supported platforms.
- If you are behind a firewall, you must open up connections for
your ePOST node. This is usually on port 10001, for both UDP and TCP
- If you are behind a NAT, you must set up port forwarding for
your ePOST node - for more information, see the FAQ.
- You will need some mail reader software, such as Outlook, Apple
Mail, or Thunderbird. You can download Thunderbird for free from
You should also know your ISP's outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
Setting up a New Ring
For complete instructions on setting up a new ring, see the setting up a new ring page
. You will need to have the Java JDK
installed and be comfortable with compiling java programs.
If you already have an ePOST email address, go to the Upgrade
page to download a new version.